EMR titled Global Digital Marketing Market Report, evaluated the market at a value of around USD 305 billion in 2019.
The Digital marketing industry will further witness a steady growth, showing a CAGR of 17.6% in the period of 2020 to 2025 and will attain USD 807 billion by 2025. Your SEO techniques has to be ahead of this curve to reap the benefits.
The techniques that SEO Traffic Spider suggests are as follows:
Technique 1: Video content should be optimized
The second largest search engine being YouTube accumulates 8.2 million searches per month in the US, and 25.7 million searches worldwide. The trick is to insert a transcript in your videos. Hence, making it accessible to a broader and larger audience, and don't forget to add an interesting thumbnail image. Since it is this thumbnail a searcher sees when your video is indexed. Paying attention to the description and title is crucial in search engine ranking. Use appropriate keywords in the description and headline of your video which will assure that the video reaches the largest number of people who are interested in that subject. Choosing the right video hosting platform is vital to gain new leads and website traffic. It’s always better to upload your video in multiple platforms.
Social bookmark the approved video links to build authority.
Technique 2: Voice Search Ranking will dominate
In order for your content to be used in voice search engines it needs to rank high in Googles SERP. A report reveals that by the end of the year 2020, 50% of all searches would be conducted via voice search so this should not be ignored. Google Home, Siri, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa are some of the best examples of Voice search.
Tips to optimize your voice search ranking are:
• You could try to include some answers in your content, that answer specific questions people asking via voice search
• You should write content in the way people speak and communicate - be candid with the answers
• You will need to write unique keywords with content tailored to every geographical location
• Focusing more time on local search, since majority of search queries look for location-based content
• Target long tail keywords as voice search queries have more words. This will get you a top ranking on Google search
Technique 3: Mobile usability is vital for higher rankings
Searches queries done on Mobile, constitute for approximately half of the web traffic worldwide. In the fourth quarter of 2019, mobile devices generated 52.6 percent of global website traffic, consistently fluttering around the 50 percent mark since the beginning of 2017. In the year 2020 your entire SEO strategy will have to be mobile driven. If you don’t have a mobile responsive website, then it is now to take some action because mobile indexing is here.
Key points to note:
• Make content exclusively for desktop and mobile alike
• Check the user experience of your website on a mobile and make changes accordingly
• Combine your blog with video content. This promises great content and an interesting fusion
• Create content that is readable over smart phone
• Make necessary tweaks as per the needs of the users
• Always remember users behave differently on mobile devices when compared to a desktop
Technique 4: Valuable content
Google spiders have become smarter over time. Content writing should not be just a bank of keywords but should be in-depth and content rich.
Here are a few tips:
• Keep changing your content frequently, with the latest updates that are trending
• Content may have phrases which are strongly related to its content
• Your website content should be responsive to work on devices with different screen sizes and resolutions
• Using the Latent Semantic Indexing [LSI] Keywords or keywords that are closely related
• Minimum of 600 to 1500 words to complete content, with a keyword density of 3 to 5%
• Google rewards those websites, whose content is relevant and updated by showing them higher on the search results
How to Optimize your content for featured snippets, using lists.
You must have realized that Google shows lists in search results. If you search for a query related to how-to or a list type of post, then you will notice how Google featured snippets is adapted to show the lists. Your list will show as a featured snippet and that would be a nice way to dramatically increase your CTR - Click Through Rate.
Follow these steps
• You should make sure that you place your list high in your post
• Add an optimized H2 OR H3 Heading as the list title
• Ensure that each list item has either an H2 or H3 Heading as the title
• Use <ul> and <li> tags for the list items
• Keep the lists formatting simple
Technique 5: Rank Brain - And what is this?
One of the best ranking factors for search queries. RankBrain combines machine learning along with search. RankBrain can simply draw information on the user's interaction along with search results. RankBrain has to tweak the algorithm by itself. RankBrain will decrease or increase the importance of content freshness, backlinks, domain authority, content authority, etc. depending on the keywords. Then it will observe as how the searchers on Google interact with the improved search results. If the users tend to like the new algorithm better it will stay. Otherwise, RankBrain will roll back the previous algorithm. Rank Brain evaluates the amount of time any visitor may stay on the web page, which is known as the Dwell Time. This can be used as a Signal for ranking.
The Dwell Time is calculated with the help of following parameters:
• Whenever the webpage was visited
• How much time was the webpage active for
• And when was the webpage closed
Technique 6: A Good Click Through Rate in order to obtain good rankings in search engines
A few tips to achieve higher rankings are:
• It’s better to list down the keywords that are not doing good even after being ranked on the top in the search results
• Add a few emotions to Titles to inspire the person who is searching to get interested thereby getting more clicks
• Make your webpage unique and a little catchy
• Don’t stuff your Page Title with Keywords which do not inspire clicks
• Identity and optimize your website content with lowest CTR (using Googles Search Analytics)
• Your title should explain the reasons as to why, when someone is searching should click it
• Include words like "Proven" "Secret" "Amazing" which are capable of instantly catching the user's attention
• Use numbered lists as they are well known to boost CTR
Technique 7: Keyword Golden Ratio (KGR)
This is a unique technique created by Dough Cunnington from Niche site project, who is popular among niche site SEOs. The technique is to identify keywords for which there is almost no content on the internet, to help you rank for them immediately. The formula is simple. The search volume which needs to be less than 250 is calculated by dividing The Number of Keyword Phrase in the Title of Google Results by the Monthly Search Volume.
Technique 8: Keyword research will be now more important
A few tips and tricks to use in 2020 to upgrade your keyword search is as follows:
• One has to put in effort to think "topics" instead of direct "keywords" and this will surely help you map out your secondary keywords from the primary keyword search
• Use combination of tools to help you prepare your Master keyword lists Such as Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, etc.
Technique 9: User Experience will be a Considerable ranking factor
Tips to improve the user experience:
• Optimize your webpage load speed
• Improve your customer service
• Adding Social Media Icons to every page of your website
• Implement a mobile friendly design
• Don’t add too many Popups
Search Engine Optimization is vital and one of the most affordable way to make your brand become popular in a natural way. However, we know that SEO can be unnerving for business.
That’s when you can give a shout out to SEO Traffic Spider because we are trustworthy, goal oriented and will listen to your business experiences. We will make use of this data in our marketing skill set to optimize decisions to create results that renew the faith of your customers. Thereby, growing your business to attain new customers. We will make sure you can focus on your business and we will handle your Digital Marketing for you!